protein

momsal
on 6/21/11 5:35 pm - PA
Hi   II am trying to firgure out what protein drinks and or powder to use    I saw some sites earlier but can't find them now.  

I think I want an unflavored and some flavoried

Which ones are good ( in your opinion)

Also  Just what liquids are allowed on the pre-diet and on the post diet?

Thanks

bvohl
on 6/21/11 8:21 pm
If you have a GNC near you I would try there. The good thing about them is if you don't like the drink/powder that you get you can return it. Also remember that what you like now, you may not like after surgery. Don't stock up now.

As far as liquids go, water, SF popsicles, SF jello, decaf tea/coffee. I would consult with your doctor and or nutritionist to see what else you can have.

Hope that helps!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Cheryl.P
on 6/21/11 8:36 pm - Philadelphia, PA
try
www.vitaminlady.com
www.mybariatricpantry.com
i agree with Beth GNC is the place to go. i pref err the unflavored mixed into iced tea or lemonade.  some doctors do recommend a brand or even sell it there.

Laureen S.
on 6/21/11 10:50 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
There are some places that will send you samples, but for unflavored, I would suggest Any Whey and I do believe that Wallmart carries it, as people said, your taste buds can be off post-surgery and therefore things taste different, think it happens as a by-product of the anesthia and ketosis.

Liquids, water, water and more water, decaffienanted drinks, NO SODA or bubbly waters as they are caustic to the new stomach, particularly while healing is going on.  Broths (either make your own and freeze them, or try and buy the low sodium variety), sugar free ice pops, sugar free jello, think that about covers it and if not someone else will point out some good things. . .

Best wishes, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

lynnc99
on 6/22/11 1:46 am
I switch off on brands or protein to keep from getting bored. GNC AMP protein is a good one (one scoop per glass is plenty), and I sometimes use Body Fortress protein from WalMart. Costco has Premier Protein shakes, ready to drink - I dilute these with a little water and pour over crushed ice to get the consistency I prefer.

Let me add to the list of liquids allowed - I used a lot of ginger tea and mint tea. Both are soothing to the digestive system and it helped me to have some warmth - I had kicked the caffeine habit entirely by that point.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views